Welcome to My Tour Tales...

As the new year of 2011 was approaching, I was thinking that I wanted to come up with a way to keep track of all the touring I had ahead of me. When I came up with the idea of doing a blog, I thought that could be a lot of fun. I love to write, and can't wait to follow my travels on here. I hope you find some entertainment from reading this, because I am definitely finding entertainment in writing it!

To start at the beginning, you might want to read "The Unusual Suspects..." first. It has a little bio of the key players in the band. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you can find it in the Archives list.

Thank you so much for stopping by to check it out. I hope you enjoy!

McKenna Medley

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Tale of The Gig That Never Was, and Writing and Recording Nashville Style...


Heather and I.

I was very excited to have some time off in August! Only about a week or two, but I managed to make the most of it! (By the way, this will be a less detailed post, because I didn't actually have a gig... More about that later in the post though!) I got to spend some time in Branson hanging out with some wonderful friends. Then I also got to slip away to Houston for a few days to visit my cousin. Her and I did experience a typical Texas bonehead… While Heather and I were down at the pool, this fella thought throwing a grape at me was a good way to pick me up.  And not just throwing or tossing, I mean he hurled it at me! And it hit me right on my neck! To all you guys out there- that is not a wise way to pick up a lady!


August 25, 2011

Myself in the fountain in Texas.
I was starting to pack, and get ready to leave for New York; when I got a call letting me know that our gig there on the 27th was canceled. Hurricane Irene was on its way to the East coast, and everything there was closing down. So we had to change travel plans very quickly. I was supposed to fly out to New York the next morning. But instead I booked myself a flight to Nashville- since that was where I was supposed to go after our gig in New York. Gabe also booked himself a flight to Nashville so that we could write and then record (as originally schedule) on the 29th.

After I got my new schedule sorted out, I went to the Clay Cooper show with my friend Katie. (Her husband and Dad are in that show!) And it is awesome! If you are visiting Branson, be sure to go check out that show!


August 26, 2011

I wasn’t in a huge hurry to leave the house. But by 1pm, I started my drive to Kansas City. I got there right on time for my 6pm flight to Nashville. The flight was very easy and not too full! When I got there Gabe picked me up at the airport, (he had just gotten in a couple hours before me) and then we headed to downtown to check in to our hotel.


Facebook conversation with Bob.
August 27-28, 2011

On the 27th, Gabe and I did some song writing! We managed to write three new songs! We were very exited about them! Then on the 28th, Gabe and I met with Larry for a while and we went through the three songs we were going to be recording the next day.


August 29, 2011

We got to the studio at 9am, and we had a great day of recording! The first half of the day we laid down the tracks with the band. (And they sounded awesome!) Then after a quick lunch break, I did some vocal tracks. I didn’t get out of there until around 7pm. But it was a great and productive day!

Flying into Nashville, Tn.

August 30, 2011

My alarm went off early at 6am. I threw some makeup on and then closed my suitcase and was ready to be on my way to the airport. Gabe and I had an 8:20am flight to Kansas City to catch. It was a simple flight, and we got to my car very easily once we made it to Missouri. The drive back to Branson wasn’t bad either, only about three and a half hours. (Plus a stop at a health food market in Springfield.)

Once we made it back it was time to start getting ready to open the show in Branson!


August 31, 2011

Today we have a sound check and rehearsal in the afternoon, and then tomorrow we have our first afternoon show, followed by the VIP opening night on September 2nd! We are back in Branson, and ready to rock! The show is going to be a bit different this year, especially my part… So be sure to come by and check us out if you make it to town! And I’ll be posting updates throughout our Branson run- and we also have some more road dates in September too! So stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment